July 19, 2014

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS : THE MOVIE


I finally went to see this movie and oh God, it was intense. I don't remember the last time I cried over a movie so much, I spent about 30 minutes crying and after the movie has ended, I just sat there sobbing like a baby. It doesn't take much to make me cry over a movie, but I've never cried that much. Even though I knew how it would end as I've read the book previously, the scene in Amsterdam on the bench completely broke me down and from then on, I just couldn't keep my tears anymore.
I am not one of these people who worship this book, but I really liked it though and was very interested to see the movie but when I sat down in the movie theater, I said to my friends that I don't really want to see this movie because it could be a bit too painful. And I was very right, there were moments in the movie when I just wished it would end before it was too sad to carry on watching. It didn't end, obviously, so I was sitting there drowning in tears.
I still think this isn't a story about cancer, I think it's a love story where cancer gets very involved. Of course this story wouldn't be the same without it, it would only be a beautiful love story like many others we saw in cinemas. But it's still a love story and a very very beautiful one. I really like the way this movie is done, it's beautiful, I like the filming and these shots with e-mails and texts were awesome (if you don't know what I'm talking about, just go see a movie, please). The soundtrack also makes it more powerful and it just hits you to the core, really. The characters are so relatable, despite the cancer they have big dreams, hopes and they fear the oblivion just like we all do.
The movie is pretty much all done exactly by the book, although there were two scenes which hit me very much in the book that weren't in the movie. In a way, it's probably even better, as I would be sobbing even more but I was pretty sad they were taken out. But no matter that, I liked everything about this movie. Did you see it? What do you think about it?

Of course me being the geek I am, I spent several hours after the movie watching the interviews with the cast and I completely fell in love with these actors. Oh and also, for those of you who also liked the movie (especially Ansel ), this Instagram profile might be very interesting. Oh yes, I am still very much a teenager and really like to stalk cute actors..
post signature

1 comment :

  1. Mane irgi labai paveikė šitas filmas, tą patį sakiau draugui, kad net nenoriu žiūrėti, nes jau žinau, kas bus.. :) netikėjau, kad tos vietos bus tokios graudžios.. visi salė ašarojo. Nors knyga mane paveikė labiau, vienu momentu net turėjau nustoti skaityti. Ir aš pasigedau kelių scenų, pvz. to ką ji pasakė, kai įdėjo cigaretes prieš atsisveikinant visam laikui, bet ir gerai, nes būčiau verkus dar labiau :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello beautiful! Thank You so much for Your comment, I appreciate it very very much!

1 2 3