April 4, 2015

MY ENDLESS LIST OF GRATITUDE #30


What a week it was! It's a little hard to believe that so many things can happen in one week, in seven days. You know, sometimes absolutely nothing happens in a week and I'm sitting at my laptop and struggle to think about a single thing I could write about and now it's the complete opposite - I'm struggling to fit all of my thoughts into one little post.
First of all I have to say that I'm beyond happy because this has seriously been the best week of this year so far. Here on the blog my week starts and finishes on Friday, so let's begin there. Last Friday my Godfather who lives far away in the USA and his wife and 3 adorable children came back to Lithuania. It was a little hard to contain myself standing there in that airport and thinking that in the couple of minutes I will get to see the faces of people I haven't seen for 8 years. Two of these children were born at that time, so even see the people of people I haven't ever seen. I love these people with my whole heart so even that would be enough for an amazing week, but wait, there's more.
I've mentioned a few times here that I was volunteering in a Vilnius Film Festival and it's sadly already over and I'm still trying to fit all of my memories into their places. In this festival I was working in a department with the international guests, so I got to meet so many amazing people from so many countries in the world and my job was to make sure that all of these people would have the best experience possible. I've had to visit the airport for many times, find lost people in the hotels, run around my city in the pouring rain, make hundreds of calls. There were many things that could go wrong, and, of course, they did because you know, the one day that more than 80 people are arriving, all of the flights have to be either cancelled or delayed. So the stress was the best friend and even though I usually don't handle it really well, I was probably enjoying everything too much to remember to be stressed out. To me, this whole experience was such a big step out of my comfort zone but it was very very rewarding. All of my days blurred into one big beautiful mess.

» The closing ceremony of the festival.
» Since it was either raining or snowing (yup, that's the Spring in Lithuania), only the flowers remind me that it's actually April and not the middle of Autumn.
» My beautiful city. I was waiting to pick up the guest from the hotel and I was admiring my city.
» When I'm saying that I got to meet a lot of amazing and inspiring people, I mean it. Just look at this picture - there am I smiling from ear to ear and Michel Hazanavicius. The one and only, the director of The Artist. I even got to speak with him a little bit (in French!) and he was also a very very nice person. 

post signature

4 comments :

  1. Wow! By the sounds of it you've had a week to remember! That's so cool about the film festival. I would love to volunteer at something like that and how lovely that you got to see your godfather and his family again :) xxx

    Beth | Alphabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a great week! The film festival sounds like amazing fun! Hooray for stepping out of comfort zones!

    Minna
    www.minnabansal.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, lovely, for your sweet comment! If you ever have the chance to, definitely try to volunteer somewhere because it's an amazing experience, I think you would enjoy it a lot!
    Hope you've had a great Easter weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely! Hooray for that! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello beautiful! Thank You so much for Your comment, I appreciate it very very much!

1 2 3