April 9, 2015

TURN OFF YOUR PHONE AND LOOK UP TO THE SKY

Turn your phone off and relax

Yesterday (not) having my phone inspired quite a few thoughts in my very busy head. We live in the world where everyone and their grandma has a smartphone or at least a phone and while we are so connected all the time, it's so freakin' easy to get disconnected from the real world. I love having the world at the click (touch) of my phone but I absolutely do not love being a little dependent on it.
Yesterday I've had two very different encounters involving the phones. I went to have lunch with a friend and she is in the long - distance relationship involving quite a lot of drama, so she is basically living in her phone. So whenever we are somewhere, we talk a little and then we sit with a phone in our hand. We are not the closest friends, so I don't really mind and just accept the situation, but I see so many people doing this - couples sitting in a restaurant, families or even the groups of girls sitting and looking at their phones. And it is so sad! So then this same day my phone just died on me and there was no way of charging it, so I was in this strange situation of not having my phone. I didn't have the music to listen to, Instagram to browse through and I was left there with my thoughts. And you know what? I actually enjoyed it!


It's good for you

It's really important to disconnect sometimes from the digital world and yes, for most of us it's very difficult, but it's really necessary. I am very happy that I still don't freak out too much when I don't have my phone even though it's weird, I can still function. It's really good to turn your phone off for a couple of hours every day or every other day and just do all of the things you want without having it buzzing somewhere in your bed. 
You can focus on your writing, you can study a little bit more productively, read a book and you can relax more.

Nothing too important will happen

We are so used to having our phones at all times because you know, someone is reaaally going to call and it's going to be a very important call. Well yes, that could happen but I doubt you get these calls every day, so turning your phone off for a couple of hours won't harm anyone. You could probably warn some people who could call you about this so that they wouldn't freak out when they can't reach you. 
There will probably be some Facebook messages, Instagram notifications, and some e-mails when you will turn your phone back on, but most of them won't be that important, so they can wait until you come back. 

Inspiration can reach you more easily

As I was walking without any form of connection, my thoughts were buzzing inside my head and some of them were really interesting. At one point, I was searching through my bag for some piece of paper to write it down. And it was so cool! When you force yourself to focus on your mind, you can find out some pretty interesting things, so just let your thoughts speak to you. You could be inspired to have a talk with someone, to write a blog post or just change something you've wanted for a while. 
This way you can also connect with the world better. You can look up to the sky without a camera trying to capture it and just capturing it with your own eyes, you can watch people and it's always very interesting and you can finally hear the birds chirping when you don't have your music blasting in your ears. 

Do you turn off your phone a lot throughout the week?


post signature

3 comments :

  1. I loved this post! I totally agree that it's weird how we are always completely attached to our phones. I try and take a break from it every now and again, so I can give my full attention to the real world!


    www.bethanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so important to switch off! I sometimes find myself doing absolutely nothing on my phone instead of conversing, and that's terrible! Trying to switch off more and more :)

    Minna

    Sanguine Stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to remember to turn my phone off more often :) I find myself too distracted by it, and you're absolutely right- nothing too important will happen while you're not on your phone. I love how you also pointed out how people are too busy capturing each moment with their phones rather then with their eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Hello beautiful! Thank You so much for Your comment, I appreciate it very very much!

1 2 3